Google Ad

Friday, September 20, 2013

Vegan Blondies

I wanted to make a dessert that would complement the awesome dinner I had made, but realized yet again that I had hardly any baking ingredients. This is all how this wonderful "accident" came to be. I know that these blondies have the potential to be so much better if I had more ingredients, but considering my situation these turned out awesome!

This vegan sweet treat is very simple, requires few ingredients, and pairs perfectly with fruit or ice cream.

RECIPE
1 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c sugar
1/3 c + 2 tbsp oil (this was all I had, but you can use melted vegan butter or coconut oil)
1/3 c milk alternative
2 tbsp raw agave nectar or maple syrup
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt



INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine flour, baking powder, and in a bowl. Add sugar, oil, milk alternative, agave/syrup, and vanilla. Mix until well blended. The batter will have this in between texture of cake and cookie dough. Transfer the batter into a baking dish, evenly cover the dish with the batter, and allow it to bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden. Allow the blondies to cool and enjoy!

TIPS
  • Best served warm.
  • Serve a slice of blondie underneath a scoop of your favorite ice cream
  • Serve the blondie with a blueberry/strawberry compote (I took fresh berries and cooked them down in a pan with a little water and a tad bit of sweetener).

No comments:

Post a Comment